Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I'm not sure who reads my blog these days, so I hope no one who does minds if I express myself freely tonight.
What a bittersweet Christmas this has been.
My sweet sister Karen is dying.
My sister Karen has always been my rock, my idol, my friend. She at times has been my mother. She was always the grounded one, the one that had it together, the one that was always put together and under control.
She has been fighting so hard, for so long.
She can't fight anymore.
One day, maybe two, and she will finally rest.
She now lays in a hospital bed in her living room, surrounded by Christmas decorations, with a face that looks twice her true age. She no longer wakes. She no longer speaks.
I hope she dreams.
I wish for her, for Christmas, a beautiful dream.

2 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you & your family. I had no idea. I remember Karen. She was so nice and seemed so mature, mostly because she was an adult when we were still kids. I offer lots of prayers for comfort and virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete