Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Can I Lift That For You?
Today when I was leaving the grocery store, slightly frustrated at the fact that my four-year-old's boots don't fit through the leg holes in the cart, an older couple parked behind me. As I shuffled around boys and bags, the lady approached me and complimented my preschool sign on my back window. Then the man came up, looked right through me, looked at my bags, and said "Can I lift that for you?" He set them carefully in the van, complimenting my "good boys" and looked like he had something else to say, but instead, said goodbye and joined his wife. This touched me deeply. Being a lover of poetry, symbolism is never wasted on me. His wording made me think of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Of course I often try to lift it all myself. Sometimes I almost can. But He is always there mildly asking "can I lift that for you?" I hope this Christmas season to lift something for someone else, to let others lift things for me, but most of all to let Christ lift things for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment