Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Won Hundred Word Wednesday

So, I really wanted to do something happy, silly, funny, since last week’s entry was so dark. However, this prompt took my mind to a character in my novel I’m working on. A character that wants off the back burner apparently. I don’t think he will be a POV character, and I haven’t named him yet. But the novel takes place in a dystopic future, so, so much for happy, silly, funny.
Prompt “Most vivid amongst the memories of his home town”

     Most vivid amongst the memories of his hometown was the blue sky. Blue, domeless sky. Growing up in the agricultural district, he had taken for granted the clean air that the trees gave him. When he left for medical school in the larger cities, it had taken time to stifle the claustrophobia that came to him under the domes. The other students had grown up in the filtered, artificial atmospheres and were accustomed to the confining feeling. Some even said it made them feel safe. He still missed stars. No one else he knew had ever seen them, except Eris.



Now enjoy the others!
Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, The Distracted Writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/
Stephanie Worlton's Kreating Krazy blog: http://stephanieworlton.blogspot.com/
Lindzee Armstrong/Lydia Winters http://lindzeearmstrong.blogspot.com


4 comments:

  1. I really love the world building in this! So intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's so descriptive, I could feel his anxiety of being in the enclosed space. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing. It paints the picture of a world I would enjoy learning more about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I would be so sad to be hidden under a dome and not be able to see the stars. I can totally feel his pain.

    ReplyDelete